To get the most out of your visit to City Museum, we’d like to make some suggestions and let you know some of our policies and restrictions. Familiarizing yourself with this information will ensure that your time spent with us will be comfortable, enjoyable and safe!
What to Wear
With so much to explore, both inside and out, we’d like to suggest that you dress appropriately. We highly recommend that sneakers or closed-toe, closed-heel shoes are worn in the museum. Sandals/flip flops are strongly discouraged. Please note that, regardless of style, footwear must be worn at all times. We’d also like to recommend that you consider wearing full-length pants or jeans, as you will want to take advantage of our multiple slides, tunnels and various attractions.
City Museum is handicap accessible, but there are areas that may be difficult to maneuver. The caves are built like an actual cave system, so there are tight spaces and uneven ground. MonstroCity is built as a giant jungle gym so there are multiple levels which are sometimes only connected by climbers. With that said, staff will do everything they can, including opening doors that are not allowed to the general public to help you get where you want to go and to experience as much of the museum as you want. Please do not hesitate to find a staff member to ask for assistance.
Leave Personal Items in the Car!
To avoid being slowed down as you explore the museum, leave your bulky, burdensome bag or winter-storm worthy coat in the car.
Lost & Found
- With so much to explore, and in such a huge space, things can go missing from time to time. City Museum keeps track of all found items.
- You can easily log a missing item by filling out our brief lost item form. If located we will contact you to coordinate its safe return.
- Please be advised that City Museum is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged personal items.
- If forms are down contact: [email protected]
Quick Pro Tips
- There is usually a line in the morning. Want to avoid the line?
Buy Tickets Now →
- The Rooftop is currently closed (we hope to open very soon). When it is open, it's available as an add on of an additional $6.00 (plus tax) with single day admission or group admission tickets when open. It's usually open May to October and weather permitting. Season pass holders are free and have unlimited access. Online Combo tickets will be available when rooftop reopens.
- Guests will not be allowed to leave the building and return during their visit.
- A phone number written on on your child’s person is helpful.
- Entrance to the 10-story slide is through the caves.
- No maps. Check out the Experiences page for helpful hints.
- Circus times as posted and free. The circus is currently closed but we hope to reopen very soon.