City Museum loves Scouts! We offer several different options for scouting groups, so there’s sure to be one that’s a great fit for your troop. Our group coordinator will be happy to help you arrange one of the following:
- Visit City Museum as a group.
- With advanced reservations (at least one business day prior to visit) and proof of tax exemption, Scouts are always welcome to make a troop visit to the museum at our $8.00 group rate with no minimum number.
- For more information or to register for an event, please fill out our Groups Form or call 314-231-2489 ext. 601.
Schedule a “BadgeCity” workshop!
What’s more fun than earning a Scout badge? Earning your badge at City Museum, of course! City Museum has workshops available for Girl Scouts at the Brownie, Junior, and Cadette levels, and for the Boy Scouts we off workshops for Webelos and Tiger Cubs levels. Interested? Here is what you’ll need to know!
- BadgeCity programs are $16.00 for the scouts doing the badge work and $8.00 for leaders, chaperones, siblings/tagalongs, and anyone else that is in your party but not participating in the workshop. All materials are included, and the workshop will fulfill all the requirements needed to earn the badge. City Museum does not provide the physical badge; you’ll want to order that directly from your local council. Museum admission is included in this rate, but the rooftop is not included.
- Due to time and space constraints, we are only able to accommodate one troop (of up to 15 girls) at a time. This means weekend workshops fill up quickly; so plan ahead!
- Workshops must be scheduled a minimum of two weeks in advance of your visit. You’ll want to allow about 90 minutes for the workshop, as well as time to go and play when you’re done!
- We are not able to accommodate split-level workshops. For example, if you have Brownies and Juniors in your troop, you would want to decide if the entire group is working on the Brownie or Junior badge, we would not be able to teach both at the same time.
City Museum’s BadgeCity Workshops:
- Brownie Girl Scouts - Painting Badge
- Junior Girl Scouts - Drawing Badge
- Cadette Girl Scouts - Comic Artist Badge
- Webelos - Art Explosion
- Tiger Cubs - Stories in Shapes
Advanced reservations are required, and registration closes one week prior to the event date. For more information or to register for an event, please fill out our Groups Form or call 314-231-2489 ext. 601.