City Museum is full of creativity, adventure and learning. Use care, caution and common sense.
Please read before purchasing tickets.
Tickets are strictly non-refundable and will remain valid until December 31, 2022. 2023 Memberships are now available and give you the best value of unlimited visits for remainder of 2022 and all of 2023. Learn more about tickets and memberships.
Ins and Outs
Guests will receive a wristband upon arrival which may be used for same-day re-entry. Wristbands must be intact and are not valid after removal.
All guests age 16 wanting to enter without an adult must have a valid ID with birthdate and photo. Adults are responsible for the conduct and safety of the younger people in their party. After 5pm on Fridays & Saturdays, all visitors under the age of 18 must have an adult with a valid ID and a paid admission in attendance.
There is absolutely no smoking (including e-cigarettes and vaporizers) while inside the confines of the building or in the gated areas (such as MonstroCity and the Rooftop).
Food and Drink
Outside food and drinks are not permitted in the Museum except for school and nonprofit groups that have booked through our Groups Coordinator. Plastic water bottles are fine.
For the safety of our guests and staff, we do not allow the following items:
- Weapons of any kind — firearms, knives, bats, crossbows, ammunition, etc.
- Fake weapons of any kind — glass, plastic, etc.
- Chemical weapons — mace, pepper spray, etc.
- Illegal substances/paraphernalia
- Masks that cover the entire face and eyes
- Spray paint/magic markers
- Pets (excluding service animals)
All riders must be able to sit in a seat or ride the slide per posted policy and ride restrictions. No lap riders or infants on any slides or rides.
To safely ride, guests must meet certain legitimate safety requirements. Specifically, to ensure that guests can safely experience the ride’s dynamic forces without increased risk of injury, guests wearing the following types of casts/braces may not ride:
- Neck braces
- Hard cast on legs, feet or ankles
- Walking boot on foot
- Arm cast that prevents crossing arms
- Prosthetics on lower extremities (accommodations may be possible in this instance; please see a staffer for additional info)
Guest must have the ability to sit upright and maintain control of their upper torso, head and neck as well as have full control of their lower extremities.
Height and Age Restrictions
|Attraction||Location||Age or Height Requirement|
|Gift Shop Slide||1st Floor||No restriction|
|Pump Room Slide||Mezzanine||48″ or taller|
|Tree House Spiral Slide||1st Floor||42″ or taller|
|Enchanted Caves||Entrance on 1st Floor||Must be 16+ to enter without adult|
|5-Story Spiral Slide||Inside the Enchanted Caves||42″ or taller|
|6-Story Spiral Slide||Inside the Enchanted Caves||48″ or taller|
|10-Story Spiral Slide||Inside the Enchanted Caves||48″ or taller|
|Monster Slide||3rd Floor||36” or taller|
|Tiny Train Railroad||3rd Floor||48″ or shorter|
|Toddler Town||3rd Floor||For kids aged 6 and under|
|4th Floor Slide||4th Floor||42″ or taller|
|MonstroCity||Entrance on 2nd Floor||Must be 16+ to enter without adult|
|Thunderdome Ball Pit||Inside MonstroCity||Must be 6+ or have adult supervision|
|Baby Bob Ball Pit||Inside MonstroCity||For kids age 6 and under|
|Aluminum Slide||Inside MonstroCity||No restriction|
|Teepee Slide||Inside MonstroCity||42″ or taller|
|Dragon Slide||Inside MonstroCity||36” or taller|
|North Slide||Inside MonstroCity||48″ or taller|
|Spiral Slide||Inside MonstroCity||No restriction|
|Cabin Patio Slide||Inside MonstroCity||No restriction|
|Run Ramp Slide||Rooftop||48″ or taller|
|Praying Mantis Slide||Rooftop||42″ or taller|
|Big Eli Ferris Wheel||Rooftop||48″ or taller|
|Nickell Slide||Rooftop||36” or taller|
Visitors to City Museum are permitted to take photographs and shoot videos for personal use, except in specific exhibits where photography is not permitted or when City Museum personnel deem photography disruptive.
- Photographs, film or videotape may not be taken of individuals without their express permission or, in the case of minors, without the express written permission of parents or legal guardians.
- Personal photographs and videos are not to be used for commercial purposes.
- Photographs, film or videotapes taken without permission may be confiscated and destroyed by personnel of City Museum.
- While on City Museum grounds, visitors may be photographed by City Museum photographers, and these images may be used for the purpose of promoting City Museum.
Professional photographers must arrange prior approval for all editorial and commercial photography, filming or videotaping at City Museum. Commercial photographs must clearly attribute City Museum as the location.
City Museum reserves the right to determine whether the content of photography, filming or videotaping is objectionable and prohibited.
City Museum is a popular place for wedding parties to pose for pictures. We give first preference to our guests who have rented reception space within City Museum. On a space-available basis AND with prior reservations through the Group Sales office, City Museum may also allow a limited number of admission-paying parties to pose for pictures in certain spaces. Although we are delighted to be a part of the celebration, we will not allow parties to bring food or beverages into City Museum.
City Museum reserves the right to refuse admittance for photography and/or to change its Photo Policy without advance notice.
We are so very grateful to you for returning to City Museum. Our staff, crew and ownership all remain committed to ensuring your fun and your safety as you visit us.
For the safety of all our guests and team members, we have increased all health and safety measures at City Museum. You must follow all posted instructions and instructions given by our team members while visiting.
The CDC and local health departments advise that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. There is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 while in any public place where people are present. By visiting City Museum, you are voluntarily assuming all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- If you or any member of your party or family is not feeling well, please don’t visit. Plan to come when everyone is well.
- We have enhanced our already-stringent cleaning protocols considering the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We recommend guests bring as little as possible with them into the building.
- No reservations are required to visit. We do always recommend purchasing tickets online. It’s your best chance to avoid a line.
City Museum is not responsible for any accidents or injuries that may occur. City Museum is also not responsible for any damaged or stolen goods, including clothing. Please click here for our full Terms and Conditions.